Saturday 23 April 2011

UFC 133 – Vitor Belfort looking to knockout Yoshihiro Akiyama and book himself another shot at the title

UFC middleweight contender, Vitor Belfort has been giving his thoughts on his upcoming UFC 133 bout with Yoshihiro Akiyama on August 6th in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, explaining he’s hoping for the kind of knockout win that will grant him another crack at the title.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Belfort said:
“I’m excited. It’s a joyful time. Now I have a date, and I have an opponent. I’m excited about it. I make sure everything I say, I can back up. The only thing I can promise is that I’m going to bring the heat. Winning and losing is part of the game, but I’m a man of my words.
“I want to win this fight for my legacy, and I want a title shot again. Akiyama is a tough opponent. He’s a nice guy, but it’s going to be a war. I’m going to go in there 100 percent, and I’m going there to knock him out or submit him. I’m going to be there to bring the heat. I know he will be there to bring the heat, too, so be ready. Don’t miss it.”
Belfort was last seen in action in February of this year and was quickly despatched by current UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva with a front kick to the face. Prior to that he’d stopped former champion, Rich Franklin in the very first round. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive