Tuesday 12 July 2011

Dan Henderson reveals he’s been using testosterone replacement therapy for many years

Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Dan Henderson has today admitted to undergoing testosterone replacement therapy for many years after claiming his levels dropped so low they were off the chart, although he attempts to cover his own arse by suggesting stricter controls need to be in place.
Speaking via ESPN.com, Henderson said:
“My levels were so low they were off the charts. I was always tired and getting sick a lot. I couldn’t even tell you [how to abuse it]. I’ve never gone above normal ranges. All I know is that I’m not as tired and I don’t get as sick as I used to. I always [monitor] my own [out of competition] just to cover my own ass. The only time people get monitored now is at the fights. I think it might be good to have stricter monitoring where people are getting tested throughout the year.”
Henderson’s recent revelations are likely to spark debate amongst the MMA community once again after the UFC fired former middleweight title contender, Nate Marquardt just a few weeks ago. What’s your take on the whole testosterone replacement therapy and should fighters careers be automatically over if it’s required? Tell us what you think…
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive