Tuesday 6 September 2011

'Blackuraba' Lawall: Strikeforce is like a dying cancer patient

Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champ Mo Lawall told Ariel Helwani on Thursday's edition of The MMA Hour, he's come up with the perfect moniker to mark his return fight vs. Roger Gracie: Blackuraba.

As in, the black Sakuraba. "Hell yeah, 'the Gracie Hunter,' fool," Lawal explained.

"I'm not afraid to go to the ground with (Roger). This ain't Abu Dhabi. This ain't the Mundials. This is MMA. Wherever the fight goes, I'm prepared to battle."

"It's going to be an interesting fight, but I think I'm going to smash him."

The question Lawal and many other Strikeforce fighters are wondering is, what then?

"If I'm going to fight for the belt, I want to fight the champ, and that's Dan."

"The thing is, what's the point? What's the point of having the belt when it's been vacated, and the person who vacated it is still fighting somewhere else within the same umbrella, but not the same organization?"

"It's like a cancer patient, like a dying cancer patient. That's how I feel like the organization is. We're just waiting for it to die, to pass. As long as I can get my fights in and they're still around, I want to get them in."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive